Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Campus by the Sea #1

Yay! Sydney and I have been at camp for a week and 2 days! We are absolutely loving Campus by the Sea. Syd and I have made a lot of new friends and we love living in such a great Christian community!

The first full week we were at camp we spent most of our time planning for the first week with campers (which started Sunday the 22nd). Last Tuesday we found out what age group we were going to be working with all summer. Sydney will be a floater all summer and helping out in many different age groups. This week Syd is with High school and Jr. High! I will be with the 4 and 5 year olds all summer! I have to admit that was not my first choice in age group but God has done so much work in my heart and has brought me a lot of peace about working with the kindergarten age! The first set of campers came in on Sunday and it was great to see all of the campers faces, some familiar and some unfamiliar. We don't have a lot of returning staff members this summer but it has been so refreshing to work with new people! When Sydney and I are not working with Kids, we spend our time hiking, swimming, playing games, snorkeling, and sun bathing. We are constantly in awe of God's creation! Instead of sleeping under a roof, Sydney and I have been sleeping under the stars. There is a wooden sleeping deck located in the staff area of camp that we sleep on! The sunshine is our alarm clock. You would think it would get annoying but we are usually so tired that we sleep through the sunrise!

Sydney has enjoyed leading a group of Sophomores this week and I love working with the little ones! My teaching partner is a great help in class and we are a great team! His name is Seth and I am so blessed to work with him this summer! Yesterday, a four year old in our class took off his pants in front of everybody because "His pants were wet from playing in the water". That was hilarious! We had a spontaneous conversation with the kids in our class about how taking our pants off in class is inappropriate! They are all so silly and they have brought me so much joy these last few days!
Our transition into camp life has been really smooth! We are both so blessed to be a part of such an amazing staff! We have great expectations for the rest of the summer and we are stoked to see what God has in store for us at CBS!

Love and miss you all!

-Shelby












1 comment:

  1. Love you guys! Inspire someone everyday, live deeply and enjoy! <3

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete