Wednesday, July 15, 2015

CBS 2.4

I'm in town after a five mile hike! I'm still trying to decide if I'm happy I hiked or if I regret it! Either way it was a good time with friends.
Last weekend was so refreshing. We sent off our week 3 campers and welcomed in a weekend of rest. Some of you may have known that my friend  Seth was gone last week because of a prior commitment he had at church. He came back on Saturday and it was so good to see him and catch up with him. On Saturday afternoon, the women staff had a tea. It was a delightful change of pace and time for conversation with other women. After the tea, I went fishing with Phil and Seth off the work float. We sat there with our toes in our water and a fishing rod in our hands waiting for a fish to pull up. We didn't catch anything but it was a fun time with some good friends. That night we had a pizza dinner followed by a time of worship at the camp fire. It was so nice to pause and worship the God that has done so much right in front of our eyes. Later that night the staff went on the annual night snorkel adventure. I bravely agreed to go but only stayed in for a few minutes. It was fun to see the water at night but cold and scary at the same time. Two days ago I caught an eel off the rock jetty! My friend who is the camp's naturalist put it in a tank for the kids to look at! I caught it with a dropline and I screamed like a 7 year old girl, hence why my voice is still gone.

 This week we have a very vibrant group! My friend Christy, who was on staff last year, is in camp with her family this week and it is so nice to have more familiar faces. Our class this week is great! Our kids have a lot of energy but they know when it's time to pay attention and have a good time! 
I went into week four with an open heart to serve this next round of campers. I am especially praying that I can live in the moment. I have been missing my family a lot the past week and I am anxiously awaiting their arrival this Sunday. I just really want to be present with the campers that I am seeing instead of focusing on what's coming. It has been so cool to see God move this summer. He has given hope to marriages that were failing and helped restore people who are completely lost. He has also done a lot of work in my heart. Even though I have been in leadership positions in the past, this is the most serious position I have been in. It's cool to see how God is using me to encourage, lead, and love on my team. As a leader, not every conversation is easy but God has given me so much wisdom and grace. Also, the people here are so easy to lead. They are all on fire for God and that fire is fast spreading. I'm so crazy about what God is doing in everyone's hearts. God must have a huge heart for Campus by the Sea because he continues to use this unique atmosphere in beautiful ways. 

Pray that I can stay in every moment and contain my excitement for my family's arrival. Also, pray that as a staff we can finish strong and remember that we are not just serving people, we are serving the Lord. Also, just take a second to praise God for his goodness. 

Shelby Dreves
Campus by the Sea 
PO Box 466
Avalon, CA 90794

Sorry for any typos, I forgot how to type. 

No comments:

Post a Comment