Monday, April 24, 2017

Indonesia #1

Hey family and friends,

I have just ONE WEEK until I leave for Indonesia! Its hard to believe that I am just 7 days away from traveling across the world to teach middle school students! I have been preparing for this trip for over 6 months and its crazy that it is right around the corner! I am so thankful for all of you who have supported me prayerfully and financially throughout these last few months. It has been such a blessing to me this semester to feel so supported by my family and friends. I will be forever grateful for all of you who made this trip possible for me! 

I wanted to make a quick post to give you guys a brief summary of what my time in Indonesia will look like! We will begin our journey on Monday, May 1st and after a few long flights, including a day layover in Bali, we are planning to arrive in SoE, Indonesia on May 4th. The first few days we will spend working on lesson plans and on May 8th we will start teaching. I will be teaching at a middle school with half of our team and the other half will be at a high school! I have never taught my own class before, but I am up for the challenge. Our students will know minimal English so most of them still have a lot to learn. The language barrier is intimidating to me as well but I know this will be such an amazing learning experience for me before I start my student teaching in the fall.  Our team will be spending 5 weeks at a hotel in SoE and the last few days of the trip will be spent debriefing on the beach in Bali! Our organization is partnered with a local orphanage so we will be spending our evening hanging with those kiddos. 

Here are some ways you can support my team in prayer this next week and the first days of my trip:

-That our whole team can stay healthy!
-We can have a smooth transition from our life here at GCU to Indonesia
-Finish this school year strong
-Safe Travels
-Positive spirits 
-We won't have any fears about the trip

I will be updating my blog every week if the wifi at my hotel allows it. So stay tuned! 



Indonesia on world map
Indo is made up of almost 17,000 islands and we will be in west Timor (center at the bottom).









No comments:

Post a Comment