Monday, April 7, 2014

20 Songs You Need in Your Life

I put together some songs that I think you need in your life. I am completely biased, but I think this list is pretty accurate. I also gave a little explanation on why I love each one, but most of them do not need any explanation!  Click “listen” for a direct link to each song. They are listed in no specific order.

1.     Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture: I love this song because it puts God’s love into words, and it touches my heart when I listen to it. listen

2.     Favorite Things from The Sound of Music: Because it is a classic! It is great for when you are feeling afraid. listen

3.     Yeah! By Usher: The ultimate dancing song! listen

4.     At Last by Etta James: She has such a beautiful voice, and every one needs an old fashion love song in their life. listen

5.     Summer Nights from GREASE: Another classic that everyone should have memorized. listen
via

6.     Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: Another love song that is such a fun one to sing. listen

7.     I Will Always Love You by Whitney Huston: We all need that one song that we belt in the car, dramatically. listen

8.     Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen:  The many different parts to this song make it so good! listen

9.     Do You Hear the People Sing from Les Miserables: There are many songs in this show that deserve to be on this list, but this is a good one. listen

10. I’ll be Seeing You by Billie Holiday: Such a romantic old-fashioned love song that makes my heart happy. Have you seen The Notebook? listen

11. Celebration by Kool & the Gang: The song you listen to after you finish your final. listen

12. In Christ Alone (so many different artists): This song verbalizes how amazing our God is. listen

13. Thriller by Michael Jackson: Such a fun song with a crazy dance to go along with it. listen
via

14. Your Song by Elton John: I bet you’re surprised by this one! listen

15. Livin’ on a Prayer by Bon Jovi: If you haven’t sang this song at the top of your lungs then we’ve got a problem here. listen

16. I know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly: Who knows who came up with this song?! It’s an amazing nursery rhyme. listen

17. We are Family by Sister Sledge: Everyone needs a great song about their family and sisters! listen

18.  Hand in My Pocket by Alanis Morissette: A good song for when you are feeling down, it encourages you to move on and remember everything is going to be okay. listen


19. Take me out to the Ball Game: Everyone should have this song memorized, even if you are not a baseball fan. listen

20. Imagine by John Lennon: I was just reminded of this song and it is definitely worthy of being on this list. listen





     Have a topic you want me to blog about? Email me at theshelbylens@gmail.com and I will review your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment