Thursday, April 3, 2014

Being a Wise Shopper

Today I am blogging about clothes! I do love all my clothes, but it wasn’t until today that I realized how much money we spend on our clothes! I think my style is, modest but trendy. I like to dress cute and wear trendy things, but everything is covered at all times. Sometimes my friends call me a “Mom” because sometimes my outfits are more conservative than trendy! I do not consider myself a fashionista, but I am pretty good at making decisions when it comes to purchasing clothes. So I put a picture of my outfit of the day, and some tips about how to be a wise shopper!
OOTD
 ||Cream Blouse: $9.95 at H&M||

||White Camisole: $4 at H&M||

||Navy Blue Cardigan: $49.50 from Ann Taylor LOFT||

||Vigoss Boyfriend Jeans: $58 from Nordstrom||

||Pale Pink Flats:$20 from Target||

||Headband: $10 from Nordstrom||

||Calvin Klein Bra: $16 from Nordstrom Rack||

Go ahead and judge me on how much money I spend on a cardigan, or even a pair of jeans. Some things I did get off clearance and some I pay with a gift card. Needless to say I think your outfit can influence the way you feel about yourself, I believe it can help you have a better day. But have you ever put this much thought into how much you spend on a single outfit? Before you know it you are at triple digits!

BASICS
 I define basics as the basic needs you have for an outfit (i.e. camisoles, cardigans, plain t-shirts, plain long sleeved shirts etc.) This is an area that you can save a lot of money! I like to go to H&M when I shop for my basics, because you can find some really good deals, and they have great sales.  A plain white t-shirt from H&M looks the same as a plain white t-shirt from Nordstrom, be wise!!
All items from Ann Taylor LOFT

JEANS
I think it is necessary to invest in a good pair of jeans. I have a few pair of Lucky Brand Jeans, a pair of Hudson Jeans, and these Vigoss jeans shown above. You wear you jeans all the time, so why not splurge? However, make sure you love them if you buy them. If you are worried about your jeans fading during the washing process, make sure to air dry them! It doesn’t take as long as you think, and it really helps preserve your denim, the dryer is NOT your friend.

BLOUSES
Jeans (Lucky Brand), Blouse (Foreign Exchange), Cardigan (H&M), Shoes (Ann Taylor LOFT).
For blouses, it's all about the sale you can find. I have a lot of blouses from Nordstrom Rack, because they have good deals. It is all about the quality!! H&M tends to have cute tops but they are often poor quality. Before you shop, make the decision on whether you are choosing something that is high quality and more expensive, or low quality and cheaper.

SHOES
This is such a broad topic, because it really depends on the shoes. I believe that you should invest in good running shoes and boots, however, I think that a there is nothing wrong with a cheap pair of ballet flats.

Boots (Target), Pants (unknown), Oversized Cardigan (Marshalls), Blouse (Nordstrom Rack)

SHOPPING
I love to shop! Buying cute articles of clothing makes me feel better about myself. Putting my love for shopping aside, it is very important to know the difference between what you need, and what you want. I want a Louis Vuitton purse, but I am not going to buy one. I need a new pair of running shoes, so I will invest in a good pair. If I decide that I want a new pair of skinny jeans, I keep the idea in my head in a few weeks before I purchase them, so I know my desire is authentic. If you are shopping and you find a cute shirt that you don’t NEED, notice it, continue shopping, leave the store, and if you are still thinking about it before you leave, buy it! If you know you are not in the position to not spend extra money, AVOID THE MALL! When you go to the mall to shop, dress in you favorite outfit, because you are less likely to spend your money. If you don’t feel good about the outfit you have on while shopping, you are more likely to spend money in order to make up for your current outfit. Decide what areas you want to save money on, and the areas where you are willing to spend money!

BE YOU
Don’t focus on what other people like, focus on what YOUR style is. Take a moment and think of what you love about your style. I love the fact that I wear headbands. I like to think that trendy headbands complete my outfit. So find your signature, and flaunt it. You are beautiful and unique in how you present yourself, so don’t get hung up in what other people are wearing.


1 comment:

  1. I love the point about dressing cute to go shopping! Its true, i compensate for a bad outfit by buying a new one!

    ReplyDelete