Wednesday, June 24, 2015

CBS 2.1

This past week and a half has been so crazy yet so fun. Some of you may know that I am co-leading the elementary program so I have had a lot more responsibility compared to last year. It's so fun to be a leader of something I am so passionate about. The staff this year has many new faces and I am beginning to realize, it is an advantage. Most of our members came with little to no knowledge of how to run the program. It has been nice to start from scratch with new people who have great ideas and gifts that they brought with them. I could not be more proud of how the staff has come together these past several days. Every single person has a heart to serve the Lord. 
Along with the many joys of being a leader, there are some tough things that come with the job. One is that I feel most of the stress. I constantly question whether things are going to get done or if we are forgetting something but it is remarkable to see how everything has come together so nicely. We are really feeling God's presence here at CBS. The entire team of people jumped in the deep end, and we aren't just treading water, we are floating. 

So let's forget about the stress that comes with planning a program and focus on the fun stuff.  I have spent most of my free time hiking one my favorite trails called "scar", swimming, diving, tanning, chatting with friends, reading, and having "floatillas" with my amazing girls in my class.  I absolutely adore the 3rd and 4th graders I am working with this summer. It's is a big change from working the kindergarteners but a good change. I love the conversations I have my girls and their contagious positive energy they have to offer. I feel like God is working in their hearts, and mine. 

If you're wondering how you can pray for me, you can pray that things start to slow down. Planning makes me so busy and even though I like being busy, I would like to move at a slower pace. I sometimes need to say "no" to myself when I want to skip out on rest. Also, pray for health for the staff. We haven't had any serious sicknesses yet and we are hoping to stay that way. 

"Rid me of myself, I belong to You. Oh, lead me. Lead me to the cross."


Xoxo 

Shelby Dreves
Campus by the Sea
PO Box 466
Avalon, CA 90704

No comments:

Post a Comment