Wednesday, July 1, 2015

CBS 2.2

From Friday, June 26th:
I'm laying in bed after our first banquet. I'm snuggled up in my sleeping bed listening to friends down at the camp fire singing "Chicken Fried". This quiet time in my bed is precious because today has been long and difficult because of the stress of first banquet. Despite the craziness,
 I am going to bed with such a thankful heart for each and every person who is on elementary team. I can trust each person with tasks that I sometimes just want to do myself. It's nice to loosen up and put my trust in people who are so willing to serve and serve humbly. Thank you Jesus for each person! 

From Tuesday June 30:

This past week has been so crazy. Last week me and my partner, Joe had eighteen 3rd and 4th graders. This week we had 17 of them. It has been a challenge for us to teach a class that big and connect with each one but with the help of our friend, Erik, we have succeeded! The kids are really experiencing God in a way that they never have before. It's been so cool to see them grow closer to Him. 
Some days have been harder than others because of the work load and my voice which has been lost. These past few weeks I have been raising my voice more than normal because of leading the elementary staff and the children I'm teaching. Most of the time I'm speaking to a group of people so my voice grows tired easily. Let me tell you, it has been a challenge to try and not talk but I have tried to cut down. Since this is our second week of family camp, the staff really knows what they're doing and there are less meetings. It's nice to see everyone getting used to things.

Other than the voice, my week has been going so well. It rained yesterday so it was nice to have a change and something exciting happen. I love the excitement that comes with thunder and lightning, and what a treat it is to experience on an island! Anyway, the water has been unusually warm for this time of the year and I will never get used to diving to the bottom and experiencing the sea life. I'm so grateful for this place and I can't wait to see what God has in store for the rest of the summer.

Grace, What have you done?
Murdered for me on that cross.
Accused in absense of wrong,
My sin washed away in your blood.


Shelby Dreves
Campus by the Sea
PO Box 466
Avalon, CA 90704

No comments:

Post a Comment