Friday, March 14, 2014

SPRING BREAK

It has been a while since I put something up on the blog. I have been so busy enjoying my spring break! My family got back from Arizona on Tuesday. We stopped off at the Grand Canyon. It was great!! The views are absolutely breath taking. If you haven’t had the opportunity to go, I think you should make it a priority. I am so glad I had the chance to vacation with my family. It was a bummer not having Alex, my sister, with us. However, I am so grateful that we could take some time and just have fun and enjoy each other’s company! Just a little side note, I was also accepted to work on Program Staff at Campus by the Sea, so I will be spending my summer teaching kids about Jesus and swimming in the ocean! God’s blessings are completely overwhelming! (But that’s an entirely different blog post in itself!)
Grand Canyon!!
Yesterday was such a great day. I went to Disneyland with my good friend, Lauren. Her mom and her friend hung out with us as well! It was a great day filled with eating and laughter. We went to The Blue Bayou, the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. It was really fun. If I were to give a review, I would say that it has a cool atmosphere but the food isn’t all that it is cracked up to be. I, personally, enjoyed my food, but it is expensive for what you are receiving. It is a fun place to be, though!
DISNEYLAND!!

 My favorite ride of the day was the Radiator Springs Racer ride in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure. It is such a fun ride! The reason why I like it is because it is a mix of fun and slow and then at the end you speed up! You really feel like you are in the middle of the desert and the ideas put forth to create the ride are GENIUS. It is worth the wait!



When my friend Lauren and I went on Pirates of the Caribbean, for the last ride of the day, we stepped in line like usual. Then this lady walks up BEHIND us and accuses us of cutting her in line. We politely let her go in front of us, even though we both knew that she was cutting US in line. Then my friend Lauren whispered “Sorry” in a sarcastic voice and the lady turns around as says “IT’S OKAY” in the rudest voice ever. I think she needed a hug, or a nap. I think the moral of the story here is to not take your tiredness out on other people. Little did she know, I am actually a nice person and I abide by “No butts, no cuts, no coconuts” SHEESH!
Favorite view in the park!


           

            Spring Break is one of my favorite breaks during the year because it is conveniently placed in one of the toughest times of the year. You are just starting to get tired of school and then BAM you get a week off! It is nice to be able to sleep in and spend time with people you love. Also, it is nice to have my sister in town from San Diego. Since she moved away for school I don’t get to see her as much, so when I do get to see her, it is a real treat! It is so nice to reenergize just in time to finish off this semester! Hope everyone is enjoying their week. I understand that a lot of you are not on Spring Break, and I am sorry if this post is killing you softly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment